Rise From Your Grave!

Wow, it's been nearly three years since either Steve or I posted something here. I will attribute it to a combination of life and laziness. I moved into my apartment which has cut down on my ability to purchase new releases and I am also going back to school to improve my writing proficiency. My goal is to at least have two to three posts a week on the site.

The gaming landscape has changed so much in three years... or has it? Steve's last post focused on Call of Duty (COD): Modern Warfare 3 which in my opinion was a step back from it's predecessor COD: Black Ops. Nearly three years later, we've had two COD games released with a third game coming this November.




We've entered a new generation of gaming with 3 new systems and it's safe to say that the more things change, the more they stay the same. The Xbox One and the PS4 will both be the high end go to machines for big action games, first person shooters, and sports games. There is a new emphasis on indie titles which I am actually excited for. The Wii U is the place to go for the Nintendo classics such as Mario and Zelda. Nintendo's new Wii U gamepad with a screen hasn't caught on fire like the Wii controller and Nintendo has yet to find a killer app that shows the new controllers potential. I hope to own at least two of these consoles in the near future to post my impressions on them.

As for what I will be posting in the near future. I am going to take a look at video game music and what it means to me and why it is important. I am also going to post a little experiment with three mediocre RPG's randomly selected and played by my two roommates and I. We each will get one of these RPG's which we will play from start to finish and I want to know what went wrong with these games as for me there is nothing worse than a mediocre RPG. Until next time readers....


Comments

  1. Awesome, cannot wait to get started on this again! Three years have flew by lol-Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment